My absolute favorite food (aside from salmon)! With guacamole being at the top of my list and one of my ONLY pregnancy cravings, I've finally mastered it. Have it as an appetizer with chips, on top of salmon (I had too... and you should too!), as a dressing on a "mexican" bowl or salad, etc.
Avocado is the main ingredient in guacamole and the health benefits of it seem to never end!
- 1/5 of an avocado has nearly 20 vitamins and minerals
- Full of healthy fats that everyone needs
- Avocados actually help increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins
As for my favorite way to eat them.... GUACAMOLE!
- Mash avocados in a bowl with lemon, lime, jalopeno juice, garlic salt and pepper.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients and add to mashed avocados.
- Serve with chips, over chicken (or Salmon!), add to a salad, etc.
- Preserve freshness by storing in mason jars.
- Should make enough for 5 people
- 3 Avocados
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Green Onion Stalks
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1/4 Large Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Jalopeno from jar
- 2 TBSP Jalopeno juice
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper