Gluten free, egg free, dairy free, soy free... must taste like cardboard, right? WRONG! Crunchy, colorful and overflowing with flavor (when dipped into thai peanut sauce)! Don't miss out on these healthy rolls that will compliment any Asian dinner. They are filed under "appetizer" but these bad boys are actually my lunch this week! It's delicious lunches like this that cause me to eat 2 hours before I'm even actually hungry... who's with me?!
They are complete "clean" and absolutely mouth-watering. Every minute that it takes to make them is totally and completely worth it! Plus, it's kind of fun!
The first thing you want to do is chop your vegetables and peel your cabbage.
Once you've done that, you will want to soak one rice paper in warm water until soft (usually 15-30 seconds) and then add the other ingredients.
Directions for Spring Rolls:
- Cut cucumber, pepper, carrots into long thin pieces.
- Peel cabbage head apart so that you have a pile of "leaves".
- Half the avocado and remove the pits (you will simply cut off a sliver as you go for each roll).
- One Rice paper at a time soak in warm water for 15-20 seconds. Take out of water and add all ingredients. Roll up tightly and set out to dry. Repeat until you are done!
Ingredients for Spring Rolls:
- Rice Paper
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Pepper (variety of colors!)
- Head of Red or Green Cabbage
- 3 Large Carrots
- 1 Avocado
The Spring Roll itself is good, but what makes it great is dipping it in the peanut sauce! Don't worry, it's easy and fast to make!
Directions for Sauce:
- Heat all ingredients in sauce pan while stirring continuously.
- Add water to thin.
- Stir some more.
- Once you receive the consistency you want, you're done!
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 TBSP Sriracha Sauc
- 2 TBSP Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- Water to thin