You have the craving.. and eventually you're going to cave. If not today, tomorrow. So, lets avoid caving for a 200 calorie piece of fudge that has next to no nutritional value and instead reach for a chocolate that is full of healthy fats and has just enough sweetness to tie you over until the next urge.
These are smooth, chewy and pair perfectly with your afternoon cup of tea. Doesn't that sound delicious and relaxing? Try it!
The main ingredient in these god sent "fudge" bars is tahini. Tahini is simply ground sesame seeds. Found in it's unhulled form can provide the body with many essential nutrients it needs.
Tahini is great for:
- Calcium (here's to all my dairy free prego ladies!)
- High in B vitamins 1,2,3,5,15
- Higher protein content than most nuts
- High in unsaturated fat (the kind we need!)
- Rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium
My mother-in-law had made something similar and when I tried it for the first time it was love at first bite. I just knew I had to recreate. At first I was skeptical of how something chocolatey and delicious could possibly be made with no sugar, flour or fruit. I was briefly told the ingredients that were in it and went to work.
- Mix Tahini and Coconut Oil in large bowl and microwave for 30 seconds
- Add Agave and Vanilla Extract and mix thoroughly.
- Add Cacao and mix until smooth.
- Pour into ice trays (should fill 24) and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Keep in freezer!
- 1 Cup Tahini
- 4 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP Agave
- 4 TBSP 100% Cacao
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt on Top
Macros: 88 Calories | 2.8g C | 7.5g F | 2.5g P