The bold combination of cinnamon and clove flavors combined with a hint of sweetness from the pears and agave makes this fall dish hit the spot EVERY TIME. I was on a quest for something new and different and it didn't take me but a trip to the grocery store and a peak in the cabinet to find it.
Each month is full of new palate opportunity and I never miss taking advantage of new fruits coming into season. Pears had their own isle in the produce section and ranged in size, color and region. I'm not much for snacking on fruits, and definitely not pears, but next thing I knew, they were making their way into my cart by the boat loads. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but a pear dessert or sweet breakfast sounded divine.
I'm enjoying this delicious pear crumble as dessert, but I'd arguably politic that you could guiltlessly eat it for breakfast too!
With the holidays right around the corner, this recipe will be sure sneak it's way onto the menu!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cube pears and put them in 9 x 13in baking pan.
- Melt 1 TBSP Coconut oil with 1 TBSP Agave, 1/2 TSP vanilla extract and 1/2 TSP Cinnamon then mix it in with the pears.
- Bake pears for 20 minutes.
- While pears are baking on the stovetop mix together 2 TBSP coconut oil, 2 TBSP Agave, 1/2 TSP Cinnamon and 1/4 TSP Cloves. When coconut oil and mixture is melted, add 1.5 cups oatmeal and mix together. Set aside.
- When pears are ready, add oatmeal mixture on top and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes to crisp the top.
- Serve warm, by itself, or with a topping of your choice!
- 3 Pears
- 1.5 Cups Oatmeal
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 3 TBSP Agave
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 TSP Cloves