Pregnancy has ignited a fire in my sweet tooth. Ice cream, chocolate, donuts, pancakes with whip cream, suckers, candy.... if it has sugar, I want it. Healthy alternatives have saved my butt.... figuratively and literally! Non of my recipes include sugar, artificial sweeteners or hidden sugars (agave, honey, etc)... I really do my best provide the healthiest variation without compromising taste!
So, if you're like me today and moments away from indulging on chocolate something or other... try these amazing low carb, high protein balls! They require 3 ingredients you probably already have lying around in the kitchen!
- Melt coconut oil and mix with peanut butter.
- Add protein powder and mix together.
- Refrigerate until firm
- Form into balls (should make roughly 12)
- Keep refrigerated or in the freezer (coconut oil will melt depending on room temperature)
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Vegan Max, although any protein powder should work depending on consistency)