What if I told you you could take a trip down memory lane and enjoy a bowl of ramen noodles like you did in your dorm room but this time without the dreaded freshman 15?
Well, you can. Let me introduce you to my latest favorite go-to dish: Homemade Gluten Free Ramen Noddles. There's about a million reasons why I love this dish but I'll let you in on 5:
- Ramen Noodles. 'Nough Said.
- Eggs in your lunch or dinner without having "breakfast for lunch or dinner". Being a vegetarian and always struggling to get enough protein makes this a double win.
- Loads of Vegetables.
- Asian food.
This dish will win you over in one bite. It's steaming with unique asian flavors and you'll never feel better about eating a bowl of noodles! It's packed to the brim with nutrients and is a delicious way to get in several servings of vegetables. Now you don't have to be "sick" to get away with curbing that ramen noodle craving!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Boil 2 eggs in water on high for 10 minutes while simultaneously boiling soba noodles on medium/high for roughly 10 minutes.
- While eggs and soba noodles are cooking, chop mushrooms and shred carrots.
- After 10 minutes, put eggs in ice cold water for easy peeling.
- While they are soaking, turn noodles to low, add sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce, onion powder, carrots, mushrooms, spinach and garlic to noodles and keep on low.
- Peel eggs and cut them in half while noddles are still cooking.
- Pour noodles in a bowl, add eggs, green onions and cilantro.
- 1 Square Soba Brown Rice Noodles I get mine from Costco, but I found the exact same brand on Amazon and have provided the link for you.
- 2.5 Cups Water
- 2 cups chopped Mushrooms
- 2 Shredded Carrots
- 2 Soft Boiled Eggs
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 2 TBSP Low Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 TSP Sriracha
- 1 TSP Sesame Oil
- 1/4 TSP Onion Powder
- Cilantro to taste
- Green Onion to taste