As you might have previously read... I don't eat meat but my husband is a complete carnivore. So, all meat recipes are consume at your own risk! Just kidding, he's my taste tester and takes his job very seriously. Mostly through the form of actions. If he doesn't like something, he'll just starve that night. If he finishes it, that means it was good. If he goes back for seconds.... IT'S GOING ON THE BLOG!
If you are are not a meat eater (then you probably won't find yourself on this page) but in the case that you did... I have a Parmesan Rosemary Salmon Filet that you might be interested in.
In my house, I work double in the kitchen. Carnivore meets Vegetarian/Pescatarian... Two different meals almost every night. It's a good thing I like to cook. It's definitely not because I like my husband ;)
Prep Time: 30 minutes (I like to marinate steak a little longer)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Tenderize your steak. The easiest way to do this is invest in an tenderizer! If you don't have one... then invest in one. If you're in a pinch right now.. poke holes in the steak using a fork! :)
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and then spread melted butter and lemon over the Steak as well as rosemary, pepper, and salt and let marinate for 10 minutes
- Turn skillet on low, melt 1 tbsp butter and add steak in the pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes each side (less or more depending on how you like the temp).
- 2 Pieces of Steak (I always make extra for left overs!)
- 3 TBSP Organic Grassfed Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 1 TSP Rosemary
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1 TSP Salt
- Chopped Parsley
Finding the right tool for the job...
If you're going to get into this whole cooking thing, then I'm going to help you do it the right way. If you don't already have marinating brushes... then I'd highly suggest these easy to use (more like easy to wash!) silicone basting brushes. I use them on everything from homemade french fries to anything going on the grill. They allow me to flavor evenly... not too mention.. I save a few calories on oil by simply stretching it out a little further! Also, if you're a carnivore and meat is your thing... GET A TENDERIZER. I don't care which one... but get one! Part of making your food taste good is using the right tools for the job!
If you've somehow stumbled across this recipe in search of Healthy Meals and are currently trying to change your habits... you might be interested in joining our Nutrition Challenge! I send out monthly habits for you to adapt to along with a meal plan guide and each week I check in to see how you're doing as well as give you the opportunity to ask questions or for help. Through this Nutrition Coaching Challenge, the goal is to transform your eating by guiding you through the necessary habits to become the healthiest version of you! If you are interested, fill out the form below. I so look forward to helping you along your journey!