After visiting Thailand for our honeymoon, curry quickly became my favorite dish! I thoroughly enjoyed the blend of spices soaked up by an array of colorful vegetables and marinated throughout each bite of seafood. Also, being that curry is served over rice, it's filling! And luckily, it's relatively easy and extremely healthy! While I do think I did a fantastic job replicating the recipes I tried over there, I totally encourage you to make that a bucket list destination spot. We absolutely loved everything about our honeymoon- the culture, the beauty, the food and of course.. each other's company (I had to say that, right?!) And if my words don't convince you enough... I'll leave you with a little gallery of heaven below!
That was a fun little ride through memory lane.. I can't believe it's almost a year later and we're about to bring a baby into the world! Don't blink... time flies!
As far as the recipe itself goes, this is the perfect dish for emptying out the leftover veggies in the fridge! I have my go-to's that I put in there and for recipe purposes, I've got them listed and measured, but this is a dish that you can really make completely your own! Follow the curry paste/spice directions and adhere to the amounts of coconut milk and onion to use and the rest is yours to experiment with!
I usually make this in a larger batch and save some for left overs. This dish tastes just as good on the second and third day as it does the first! Plus, there's a bit of prep work that is involved (mostly chopping) so I like to get my meals worth for the work I'm putting in!
- 2 cups rice, 2 cups of water in rice cooker (or stove top if you don't have rice cooker)
- Sautee onion and garlic in coconut oil for 4 minutes.
- Add yellow peppers & tomato.
- Add Green Curry Paste and Yellow Curry Powder and Mix all together.
- Add rest of ingredients except shrimp.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until vegetable soften.
- Add shrimp last 10-15 minutes.
- 1 Bag of Small Shrimp (50 count ish)
- 2 Cups Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Yellow Pepper
- 1 Cup Zucchini
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Can Lite Coconut Milk
- 2 TBSP Green Curry Paste
- 2 TBSP Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- Salt/Pepper to Taste