Colorful, vibrant, tasty and filling... what's not to like about this mouthful of bliss? I'm always chasing the healthiest version of any food I take a liking to and this is my copy cat from the Lyfe Kitchen Quinoa Crunch Bowl.
Often times I prep salads to take to work everyday but I'll find that all but 30 minutes go by and I'm hungry again! The hummus and quinoa bring a lot to this salad by offering a complete protein and complex carbs which help satiation. I'm full, yet still feel light!
- 1 cup Quinoa (cooked)
- 6 cups Arugula
- 1 cucumber
- 2 small heads of Broccoli (blanched)
- 1.5 cups of Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 bunch of Radish (cut in quarters)
- Hummus (get creative- make your own or buy your favorite store bought flavor! I use Boar's Fiery Chipotle Pepper when I'm feeling spicy!)
- 1 TBSP Sriracha
- 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water in rice cooker until done. Stove top- bring to a boil that cover and simmer until done.
- Blanch Broccoli. Bring water to boil, then add broccoli for 2 minutes. Rinse broccoli and cover with ice to cool.
- In a large bowl combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, radish, cucumber and broccoli. (If you're doing this for lunch- make them all in separate containers as pictured)
- Once hummus is done add sriracha and 4 TBSP hummus to quinoa, mix and add to salad.
- When serving, add hummus on top for "dressing".
This should serve 6 or make enough for 6 lunches! Enjoy!