I am still in disbelief at how satisfying this simple dinner was! Fresh, asian tang put a flavorful spin on this vibrantly green dinner plate!
Something I teach my clients is that you must ENJOY the food that you are eating. I also teach them to fill half their plate with veggies. For some, those two statements may be counter productive... but it doesn't have to be! While salad alone may be quite boring for most, it is relatively easy to "dress" up without using chemicals piled into salad dressings on the shelf of grocery stores!
Part of my reason for this blog is to expand people's eating habits- to introduce them to delicious healthy eating. That is what will truly change your life.
So, please enjoy and share this recipe- or make your own variations and tag me!
First look at the ingredients and directions can be extremely overwhelming- this is really a simple recipe! Without all the details below, simply marinate salmon, combine salad veggies while salmon marinates, add dressing to salad and let that sit while salmon cooks... then dinner is finished!
For the Salmon:
- Marinate Salmon (if possible) for 1 hour. Add lemon, gluten free soy sauce first, then add spices.
- While salmon is marinating, make salad and dressing (optional)
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes (if you like thoroughly cooked) at 400 degrees.
- 2 5oz Salmon Filets
- 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1 TBSP Asian 5 Spice (I'm sure any asian mixed spices will do!)
For the Salad:
- Put Power Greens in a large bowl.
- Chop remainder of veggies and add to bowl.
- Start on Dressing right away.
- 4 Cups Power Greens (kale, spinach, variety other leaves)
- 1/2 firm Avocado Diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Cilantro
- 1/2 large English Cucumber
- 1 stalk Green Onions
- 1 cup cooked Red Quinoa (optional- I had some in the fridge and threw it in!)
For the Dressing:
- Mix all ingredients and blend in a blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Add to salad and let marinate in fridge until Salmon is ready!
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 1 TBSP Garlic Minced
- 1 TBSP Ginger
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 4 TBSP White Balsamic Vinegar