I was inspired to create a high protein, vegan, gluten free, satiating dish for my lunches this week. Oh, and it had to be tasty. When trying to achieve high protein from non-meat sources, I usually gravitate towards quinoa with it being a complete protein on it's own. So, here it is again! This is deliciously fresh and can be served hot or cold- both equally as devouring! My carnivore-consuming husband approved of it- so that really means it's good.
The best part about this dish was it's convenience. It was a one-pot, ricer cooker meal that was very low maintenance! This dish practically prepared itself while I was extremely consumed in an episode of Grey's Anatomy (I mean.. doing laundry..).
- In a rice cooker add 2 cups of quinoa and 4 cups of water. Add asparagus and green beans right away. (This usually takes 20-30 minutes, mine turns off when done)
- With 5 minutes of cooking left (or when most of the water has been absorbed) add all beans and edamame and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Let cool then add red onion, parsley, green onion, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, garlic salt and pepper and mix all together.
- Serve hot or cold!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 2 cups Green Beans
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can White Beans
- 1/2 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Bunch Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup Parsley
- 2 Cups Frozen Edamame
- 1/4 Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1 TBSP Pepper