There's just something about Basil, Mozzarella and Tomato that are to die for, but it's hardly enough to consider a meal. While I don't tend to have specific pregnancy cravings, if I want something, I want it. And this week I wanted Caprese Salad for lunch.
So, in efforts to make it a bit more sustainable, I added a little bit of this and a little bit of that... and now I'm hooked!
This super easy recipe is mindless and nearly effortless and luckily the whole family will fall in love with it!
- Marinated Mozzarella Fresca (pictured)
- 1 cup Tricolor Quinoa
- 2 Cups Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Basil
- Cook Quinoa in Rice Maker
- Cut Grape Tomatoes in Half
- Slice Basil
- Mix quinoa, mozzarella, tomatoes and basil in bowl.
- Serve over 1 cup of chopped spinach if you wish to get in an extra serving of veggies!
Rice Cooker- I love mine from amazon!
I told you it was easy! I enjoy it better chilled- but do as you wish!